Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking new property to rent that's pet friendly

Options
  • 08-06-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the threads here for a while focusing especially on the newer ones from this year. Since 4 months ago things may have changed and as I much as I can tell: for the worse.

I've been renting a house in Ballyfermot for one year and a half and decided to move out. I've sent the notice to my landlord and he was an exceptional and understanding person to help me as much as he could in not evicting me if I can't find a place to stay until 10th of next month in July. I also got a reference from him.

The problem as you already might know is that someone with a dog has very little chances for s/he to find a place.

I want to move out of Ballyfermot since I had some unpleasant surprises lately such as kids throwing eggs towards me (luckily I didn't got hit) and not only, so I'm pretty much fed up with this area.

As many others I'm trying to relocate in the South of Dublin, in a nicer area.

Any suggestions to what might have changed in the last few months? I'm planning to prompt the discussion regarding my dog (8 years and a half, so he sleeps most of the day) late in the contract stage hopefully directly with the landlord. So far, when I've mentioned my dog (as I have tried to dry-run and see how the market reacts up front) I've got only negatives in the answer. I'm also looking for something that's BER-friendly as I really don't want to pay any other 700 euros per 2 months in terms of gas bills to heat up an old house during the winter.

Thank you for your time and possible help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Use daft.ie go into the Advanced section of the search, and under facilities, there's a "pets allowed" option.

Then you'll get "pets allowed" in your search, for something like this; http://www.daft.ie/3940164

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Honestly, OP, from reading posts on here and seeing what's going on in the rental market in general, I think you would be mad to give up a house and landlord that allows pets. I understand your desire to move out of the area, but is it enough to risk losing your dog? Add in to the mix wanting a high BER-rated property... I think you will struggle to find anywhere.

Honestly, OP, from reading posts on here and seeing what's going on in the rental market in general, I think you would be mad to give up a house and landlord that allows pets. I understand your desire to move out of the area, but is it enough to risk losing your dog? Add in to the mix wanting a high BER-rated property... I think you will struggle to find anywhere.

I'd agree with this, but if you're adamant on moving maybe try be upfront and offer 2 or 3 months rent as a deposit, if you can afford to? Ask if your current landlord can provide a reference that the dog didn't cause any damage etc too?

If you don't absolutely have to move however I would stay put!

Advertisement