Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Irish 2017 - all levels

Options
  • 08-06-2017 7:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

I found the entire paper very fair to be honest.

Not sure why so many people are having problems with paper 2.

Hoping for an A, I feel like I achieved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellowsoul

Higher level - paper one's listening was alright, the accents weren't too complicated, the second reading comprehension was a bit odd in my opinion, the first grammar question probably surprised a lot as most were expecting present tense but the second one was fine.

For the eachtra, a majority of my year were unable to understand the phrase 'ar strae' . I managed to correctly guess it but overall paper one wasn't too bad.

The unseen story wasn't bad but the use of places for seen story definitely threw me off but I think my answer was decent, seen poetry was fine but unseen wasn't great, the questions were odd.

For the letter, I almost did the second one because I thought it meant a lake but now I'm so glad I did the first one because it meant hero apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

I didn't understand the lake memes at first, I don't know how people got them mixed up to be honest. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Artisto

As a person who went to a Gaelscoil for 8 years, I actually had fun doing both papers ;-D

I'm hoping I wrote enough details for the Listening Section, because they can dock you marks like crazy if you leave something out there !
    I feel like the speakers didn't pause for even a moment during their speeches, so if you didn't hear it properly the first time it would be really hard to guess. This happened to me with the part about the Russian game.

My Letter and Story weren't great, but I'm sure the other sections will make up for it !

I feel like I performed way better than I did during the Pres :-) … Fingers crossed for an A, ya know.

Advertisement