Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Issue

Options
  • 08-06-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hey,

i ordered 5 homeplugs on ebay a few weeks back and used parcel motel.
    the seller has 100%(450+) feedback and sent me the reciept of postage.

anyway this week i am still waiting so i assume he forgot to put the PMID on it, so i went to parcel motel using the find my parcel option but get an error.
    i tried for 3 days to get pass this error on 3 different devices but no luck.

I then contacted there support who werent that helpful. i was asked for the tracking number of the parcel multiple times, which i had said there was none the first message i sent along with all the other info that is asked for in the find my parcel option.

Now they are saying the item never arrived and that the receipt of postage doesnt mean anything.

could this still be in transit. it was sent royal mail second class. which i have gotten many times before and usually it is at PM in 3 days. item was posted on the 30th of may.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

wasnt the 29th of may a bank holiday in the UK??

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

jonnycivic wrote: »
    wasnt the 29th of may a bank holiday in the UK??

sorry the 30th of may. i assumed he sent the day before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well its only been 6 working day. I believe for 2nd class post in the UK is upto 7 working days to deliver.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well its only been 6 working day. I believe for 2nd class post in the UK is upto 7 working days to deliver.

I have never had to wait longer than 4 days in a week. Usually if I shipped on a Friday PM have it by Monday evening. Im hoping the bank holidays over here and there has just slowed down the service.

the estimated delivery time is the 2nd of june

give the seller a shout again and ensure he addressed it correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Not sure what PM can do for you if the seller hasnt out the proper address on it. Your query should be at him, not PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Royal Mail to PM is usually two days from anywhere in the UK (ex channel Islands). Three tops.

I'd be confident they have it and are just failing to find it with missing details. Service is pretty good when it works but if anything goes awry their CS is woeful.

On a total side note: Five homeplugs, while they will work, is pushing it a tad. Dont expect stellar speeds if all are in use.

ED E wrote: »

I'd be confident they have it and are just failing to find it with missing details. Service is pretty good when it works but if anything goes awry their CS is woeful.

On a total side note: Five homeplugs, while they will work, is pushing it a tad. Dont expect stellar speeds if all are in use.

woeful is an understatement. they asked me the same question 3 times after me answering it.

not all for the same house so there should not be a problem. im pissed they still havent come. they were expensive 1Gps models. ill give it another week and open a dispute with paypal. hopefully i will get my money back.

----update----
    it’s now the 14th of June and I am still yet to receive any more news on the parcel.

I managed to finally get a "find my parcel" form completed and submitted last week but didn’t hear anything back.

Is my only option to get on to PayPal and get a refund?
    Which I would I would rather not do as I actually do believe the seller sent the item. he had proof of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Get a POD from the seller. This would be the first step. For all you know parcel motel never received the stock

• Advertisement

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Get a POD from the seller. This would be the first step. For all you know parcel motel never received the stock

No tracking on the item so can't get POD. Any other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

If that's the case then your problem is with the supplier. You can't prove parcel motel received the items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

You basically can't prove they ever received it if there's no tracking.

I would simply put in a clain against the seller on whatever platform you bought on.

If it were addressed correctly, it would have arrived.

I have found a few times Amazon Marketplace sellers removed the PM number from the address. Also finding various companies in Germany leaving out the last character of my eircode which renders it totally useless

You basically can't prove they ever received it if there's no tracking.

I would simply put in a clain against the seller on whatever platform you bought on.

If it were addressed correctly, it would have arrived.

I have found a few times Amazon Marketplace sellers removed the PM number from the address. Also finding various companies in Germany leaving out the last character of my eircode which renders it totally useless

Ill have to do that. i logged another ticket with PM. if they dont have it, i will open a dispute with paypal. PM did not message me back instantly this time saying it did not arrrive like the last time, so touch wood it is there or at least they are looking for it.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Parcel Motel or the delivery guys there are usually very good to handle wrong addresses, like amazon messed up something with the delivery address and it looked like this:

<MyName>
    <MystreetinCork>
    Cork
    Cork, Newtownabbey BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

instead of

<MyName+PMNumber>
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

and to my surprise it arrived even without having to send a "find my parcel request"

Harika wrote: »
    Parcel Motel or the delivery guys there are usually very good to handle wrong addresses, like amazon messed up something with the delivery address and it looked like this:

<MyName>
    <MystreetinCork>
    Cork
    Cork, Newtownabbey BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

instead of

<MyName+PMNumber>
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

and to my surprise it arrived even without having to send a "find my parcel request"

that was not the case for me when a seller forgot my PM ID before. I waited for it for 2 weeks and i had to send a "find my parcel request". they found it very quickly but it was not an item that was of any value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've had items delivered to PM when sellers hadnt included the PMID. To be fair to them, they were quite helpful - they found them eventually. I've been on both ends of their CS but if they can help they will.

UPDATE

PM just messaged me. they found the parcel at last.

thanks for the help

Advertisement