Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees

Options
  • 08-06-2017 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am just looking for some advice on the free fees scheme.
    I am currently studying a higher certificate in business studies and i am going into my second year. I hope to gain advance entry into an accounting degree which would mean i would be completing an extra year of that degree as normally it is only 3 years but i would have to do 4.
    I am currently receiving susi for my second year but as my mother will received inheritance this year i wont receive susi for my third year. Would i be eligable for the free fees scheme in my case ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

rebeccax12 wrote: »
    I am just looking for some advice on the free fees scheme.
    I am currently studying a higher certificate in business studies and i am going into my second year. I hope to gain advance entry into an accounting degree which would mean i would be completing an extra year of that degree as normally it is only 3 years but i would have to do 4.
    I am currently receiving susi for my second year but as my mother will received inheritance this year i wont receive susi for my third year. Would i be eligable for the free fees scheme in my case ?
    Thanks

Depending on wealth and income limits. You would be eligible but obviously subject to the SUSI assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you meet the nationality and residence criteria for the free fees then you are eligible.

The Free Fees Initiative is not based on income but if you qualify, you have to pay the student contribution (Currently 3000 euro)

So if meet the residence and nationality criteria and your course qualifies with the fees being more than 3000 euro, you pay a maximum of 3000.
    If you meet the residence and nationality criteria and the course qualifies with the fees less than 3000 euro, you pay the full fees.

All the information of the Free Fees Initiative are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebeccax12

Sup08 wrote: »
    If you meet the nationality and residence criteria for the free fees then you are eligible.

The Free Fees Initiative is not based on income but if you qualify, you have to pay the student contribution (Currently 3000 euro)

So if meet the residence and nationality criteria and your course qualifies with the fees being more than 3000 euro, you pay a maximum of 3000.
    If you meet the residence and nationality criteria and the course qualifies with the fees less than 3000 euro, you pay the full fees.

All the information of the Free Fees Initiative are .

Thanks for your reply I read the link but considering i wont be doing the 3 years of the accounting and finance degree i will be doing the second and third year so would it be considered that i've been given an exemption to the normal duration of this course ? even though technically ill be completing 4 years of college (2 in the higher certificate and 2 of the accounting and finance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

rebeccax12 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply I read the link but considering i wont be doing the 3 years of the accounting and finance degree i will be doing the second and third year so would it be considered that i've been given an exemption to the normal duration of this course ? even though technically ill be completing 4 years of college (2 in the higher certificate and 2 of the accounting and finance)

As long as you are progressing on an approved course you should be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebeccax12

Sup08 wrote: »
    As long as you are progressing on an approved course you should be eligible.

Ah ok thank you so much for your help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement