Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to revise for the leaving cert 2018

Options
  • 08-06-2017 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys I know you guys are probably worrying about yourselves right now but I just got my results for my summer tests and I am utterly devastated I feel like I did nothing in 5th year and I feel I need to study over the summer because I need to get 500 points my results are
    English 56% H5
    Maths 25% H8
    Irish 41% O6
    Business 75% H3
    Biology 80% H2
    French 37% H7
    Physics 45% H6
    I'm not always this bad of a student like usually I got 450 points in my Christmas tests and average H5 's in test apart from physics maths and French and I think I need to work on
    English
    Physics
    Maths
    French
    If anybody has any tips or advice on how to study or get better at these subjects it would be much appreciated please and thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

If you're really dedicated, I'd say finish the curriculum (or get further in it) on your own over Summer, do questions on every chapter and you should have a good grasp. That way when school comes back on it'll be like revising everything you've already done.
    It also lets you do past exam questions over in November like for me it took until Jan for some p2 stuff in math cause we hadn't done it.
    Then based on what you get in your mocks, you'll have a good idea of where to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Thanks allot will do

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cupcakery

Hi if I were you I'd spend the summer revising what you have already covered. Make notes and then make summarised notes. I'd also practice past exam papers. Keep those and when you return maybe ask the teacher for that subject to correct it like an actual exam. You should then focuse on finishing the course and then all that should be left is revision. As you said your normally do well so don't don't worry too much about it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Cupcakery wrote: »
    Hi if I were you I'd spend the summer revising what you have already covered. Make notes and then make summarised notes. I'd also practice past exam papers. Keep those and when you return maybe ask the teacher for that subject to correct it like an actual exam. You should then focuse on finishing the course and then all that should be left is revision. As you said your normally do well so don't don't worry too much about it! :)
    Thank you so much really appreciate it

Advertisement