Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter fines

Options
  • 07-06-2017 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am seeking advice for the following :

I have been issued a fine for €150 twice in 1 week for rubbish bags been dumped outside my building , the residents of the building have a bin house where we are allowed to put rubbish bags and have done so for the last 11 months without any problems, someone left the door open on the bin house ( it looks like a shed ) and rubbish bags were opened either by dogs / stray cats , and in one particular bag I had dumped a envelope addressed to me ( I will never do that again ) and they think that it's my fault that his happened , I had placed the bag in the shed like I always do , but the county council think I am littering because the bag opened without me known and have fined me
    Two fines ( two bags with my address in them ) and I don't not wish to pay the fine , I have appealed and was denied but what evidence do they have ?? I don't want to pay the fine and am inquiring if anyone knows what is the consequences of not paying the fine ?? Or attending court ?? Just a bigger fine or jail ??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Domeniex wrote: »
    but what evidence do they have ??
    Thanks

They found litter with your name/address on it.

What evidence do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Domeniex

F1ngers wrote: »
    They found litter with your name/address on it.

What evidence do you have?

What I meant was what evidene do they have that I did it ?? Do they have a picture of me dumping the rubbish outside the bin shed .

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thats all the need to issue the fine. It's up to you to prove that you did not dump. In some part of the city they put up covert cameras and then post the photos up for everyone to see. They did it in Dublin City centre about a year ago.

meolwan wrote: »
    Thats all the need to issue the fine. It's up to you to prove that you did not dump. In some part of the city they put up covert cameras and then post the photos up for everyone to see. They did it in Dublin City centre about a year ago.

Yes I saw that on line. They don't have camera here . I think I will just pay the fine and move on with my life

• Registered Users Posts: 78,274 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Contact the management company, advise them of the problem and request CCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,137 ✭✭✭plodder

If you decide not to pay, then you need to be prepared to go to court to make your case. Just ignoring it would be the worst thing to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: Moved from Dublin County North.

OP, I think you're more likely to get advice on the matter here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Were the rubbish bags put in a bin or just put on the ground? Are there bins to put the rubbish in or have you no option but to put the bags on the ground in this bin house?

Either way, it is now up to you, to prove that you didn't litter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    ... and exactly how could they have a picture of you dumping the rubbish outside the bin shed?
    rolleyes.png

Actually rang them up today , and they envoked the fine as they didn't have evidence and let me off with a warmkmh to be careful to keep door shut at all times , am delighted :) and very lucky !

• Advertisement
Advertisement