Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Game Monitor

Options
  • 07-06-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

ohhhh what could it be?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft/windows-10-game-monitor
    So at the moment all we’ve got is speculation as to what Game Monitor might actually do, but from the placeholder blurb on the page it looks a lot like some sort of built-in anti-cheat system for Windows:

Gaming is more fun when everyone plays fairly. We’ll share system info with games using Game Monitor to make sure everything runs the way it was meant to.

Turning this off may limit the games you can play.

It doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch to suggest Microsoft may be looking to get publishers and devs onboard with a system check feature which scouts out nefarious apps installed on your rig. If those programs are likely to result in an uneven playing field then Microsoft might
    end up locking you out of games participating in the Game Monitor system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

no harm i say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when false positives happen that can be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any way this is possibly an anti piracy software? not that that will effect me unless like said above false positives appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

any way this is possibly an anti piracy software? not that that will effect me unless like said above false positives appear.

Would imagine it would be both piracy and anti cheat.

That lad from Epic going to have another rant about MSFTS closed eco system so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Someone will bring out a program that will disable it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement