Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh Aires

Options
  • 07-06-2017 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

As a local resident of Cobh I would like to know how people rate the motorhome parking in Cobh and if you have any suggestions on improving the Aires
    Some questions I have which I would like to feedback ​to the local council and people that have control over the area so it may benefit both local business, residents and of course motorhome owners.

Is it well known amongst motorhome owners?
    Are the facilities sufficient?
    Are there any other facilities that should be provided?
    Is the area safe and secure?
    Is there any issues with noise or unruly behaviour in the area? e.g. underage drinking or just generally​ youths being a nuisance
    Is the area too big or too small?
    Is there parking issues with larger motorhomes?
    Is there any agro or issues with car owners that use the car park?
    Would you pay for a night in the area e.g. €3/€5/€7 etc
    How often have you used the area?
    Would you return?
    Is there anything local businesses should do to make the stay better?

Any other comments or recommendations appreciated also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

We stayed there last month and thought it was excellent. We had a Chinese take-away delivered to the camper!

Is it well known amongst motorhome owners?
    Motorhomecraic have it on their app

Are the facilities sufficient?
    Yes, but the fresh water tap should have a threaded connection.

Are there any other facilities that should be provided?
    Is the area safe and secure?
    Felt so to. us.

Is there any issues with noise or unruly behaviour in the area? e.g. underage drinking or just generally​ youths being a nuisance
    No problems that night.

Is the area too big or too small?
    Is there parking issues with larger motorhomes?
    Is there any agro or issues with car owners that use the car park?
    Would you pay for a night in the area e.g. €3/€5/€7 etc
    No problem with a fiver

How often have you used the area?
    Once so far.

Would you return?
    Yes.

Is there anything local businesses should do to make the stay better?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Only ever parked their during the day but it looks impressive, we said that we'd come back for an overnight as soon as the opportunity arises.

From an advertising point of view, it is an ideal spot for harbour boat trips, fishing, sight seeing, the titanic centre, food, drink & nightly entertainment in Cobh etc.. Also the 'on-site' playground is a big attraction for people with young children. The site has plenty of room that the vans are not on top of each other.

The Cobh Aire is a superb idea and I think all the other councils across the country should take note and embrace the idea.

I can't understand how these Aires aren't encouraged by town councils throughout Ireland, if they just took a chance with a little investment and provided sufficient facilities they could charge a nominal fee of €5 per night and see a consistent increase in their local economy during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I think a small charge (€3/€5) would be a good idea if the funds were to go back in to upgrading the facility and maybe providing better facilities in the general parking area (update the playground, provide more bins etc)
    But knowing the council all these funds would go to other things and again would just become a money making racket

if anyone has more feedback feel free to add any comments at all

Advertisement