Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert front lawn to driveway - Dublin Ex Corpo

Options
  • 07-06-2017 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

Just gone sale agreed on a house in D12 and one of the first things we would plan to do would be to convert the front lawn to a driveway for parking.

It's an 1930's/40's ex corpo house.

The original wall is at the front of the house along with a small walk in gate which would need to be removed.

Just looking for a rough idea of what it would cost to do this job.

I know one cost is to get dublin city council to dish the kerb but unsure of costs to remove the front wall and pave or tarmac the drive.

Appreciate any opinions on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

boris1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just gone sale agreed on a house in D12 and one of the first things we would plan to do would be to convert the front lawn to a driveway for parking.

The original wall is at the front of the house along with a small walk in gate which would need to be removed.

I know one cost is to get dublin city council to dish the kerb but unsure of costs to remove the front wall and pave or tarmac the drive.

Thanks

Don't forget the planning cost!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

Thanks

You need to lodge a planning application.
    After that DCC will dish the kerb for about €575 for the first 7 Sq. M and €60 for every Sq. M after that.
    Then the actual cost of getting the wall removed, garden done and gates etc could be 3-4K or more depending on what type of garden finish you require.

Just went through the full process recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gingerbread house

kceire wrote: »
    You need to lodge a planning application.
    Just went through the full process recently.

What were the costs of your planning application please? I've had a quote for an engineer to do this and didn't think it would be so much (850 before vat) and then the osi map / newspaper costs etc on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Looking to get the ball rolling on this now as I have taken ownership.

Can anyone recommend and arch in Dublin 12 or nearby that I can engage to do the drawings.

I can handle the application myself I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking to get the ball rolling on this now as I have taken ownership.

Can anyone recommend and arch in Dublin 12 or nearby that I can engage to do the drawings.

I can handle the application myself I think.

Who will take responsibility for the application?
    Do you want someone to just come out, survey and hand you the drawing required (easy job for someone in that job) and then you worry about maps, newspapers, site notice, application form and fee etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

kceire wrote: »
    Who will take responsibility for the application?
    Do you want someone to just come out, survey and hand you the drawing required (easy job for someone in that job) and then you worry about maps, newspapers, site notice, application form and fee etc?

I'm happy to look after the application myself.

I am just looking for someone to do the drawings, how much should I be looking at roughly for drawings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Planning costs 200 ( application, newspaper advert, maps, drain maps...etc.)
    Architect drawings about 200 ( trust me the council were very particular about the detail, either do a great copy of a similar drawing that was submitted by searching approved planning applications or hire someone)
    Dishing - 560
    Garden converted included new pillar, front wall removal, granite slabs, granite cobble, driveway honey comb for gravel, gold buff gravel, flower beds, removal of all soil and other waste. - 4600

Advertisement