Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Improv Training in Dublin!

Options
  • 06-06-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is looking to start (or join if already exists!) Musical Improv Training in Dublin:

"I am a French-Polish actress living in Lyon and my boyfriend is Irish. I come to Dublin quite often and this summer I will be there from 8 to 27 July. I thought it would be nice to organize some training with anyone interested in musical improv (both actors and musicians). I'd like to create a Facebook group to organize this (doodle, dates, places etc), but maybe there is already something out there?

To speak a little bit about me, here in France I play with a group called "Arnold Schmürz" in the only "only-improv" theatre in France, Improvidence in Lyon. I also had workshops with NEW! who are doing a great job in Paris. Since I am 12 I fell in love with Ireland, especially its traditional music (it's quite logical that I found an Irish boyfriend!) and I will live in Ireland in one year if all goes well"

PM me if anyone knows anything about Musical Improv in Dublin, or if you would like to join up and get it started :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hi there! We have a wonderfully growing improv scene in Ireland and in particular in Dublin. Unfortunately there is limited musical improv on display here but a few of us on the scene are trained and have performed more high profile shows abroad (myself included.)

Would be great to chat more with you, pop me a PM and I can share details including the Facebook groups for Dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oh I meant to add. Saturday June 24th is our annual Improvised Eurovision event, "Improvision"! Will be right up your street!

https://www.facebook.com/events/141722266375867/

Advertisement