Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor bulk supply

Options
  • 06-06-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Just in case anyone else is receiving notifications of large potential increases based on a gas usage chart from Calor, note that you can always opt for a competitor.

I am swiching to Flogas and getting a free tank exchange + 400 L of gas, a very nice rate considerably lower than Calor and the process of removing the Calor tank and installing the Flogas tank is carried out by the same contractor, with the "calor fuel " transferred into the "Flogas tank.

The Competition authority are not interested in this market because they say the consumer does have a choice to switch supplier....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

What does it have to do with the competition authority? It appears from your post, you disagree with whatever Calor is doing so you have gone to Flogas.

That IS competition. Their main purpose is to make sure they are not in cahoots to stiff the consumer and your description suggests everything is working fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You were told this on the previous thread you created on this by other posters to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

It is interesting that a query on the competition is what you got out of my post. I am sure you probably know the reason, as you seem so well informed, but I will state it for those that may not be as enlightened.

In the UK and NI, the consumer has the choice of supplier of the product into the any Gas company tank... So if you have a Calor tank ( or any other ) you can canves the best product price and get any tank filled by any supplier.

In Ireland Calor ONLY allow Calor product as do Flogas so the consumer had a more limited option in getting value for money.

This seemed like a case of worth refeering to the competition authority, indeed, it had been referred a number of time in the past and as I say, they deem the fact that you can have the tank removed and a competitors installed at no cost to demonstrate that no anti competitive conditions exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Same with any supplier of any product. What's your point? There is competition and you can change supplier.

L1011 wrote: »
    You were told this on the previous thread you created on this by other posters to begin with.

Actually , no, that thread was stopped, for reasons, best not to get into...

Is it national chip on the shoulder day ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

eddie wrote: »
    they deem the fact that you can have the tank removed and a competitors installed at no cost to demonstrate that no anti competitive conditions exist.

And they are correct.

It appears you do indeed have a chip on your shoulder. I am unaware of any previous thread, but if Calor give/lend you a tank, then I guess they can dictate the supply. However, as you can see, you are free to get rid of it and go elsewhere, that is competition.

Maybe the competition authority should be given some praise - NOT your criticism.

Same with any supplier of any product. What's your point? There is competition and you can change supplier.

As I say apart from those enlightened replies here so far, many people are not aware that the tanks will be exchanged and decanted free of charge, It is not an easy solution and far more involved than just calling a supplier for a fill, but is possible.

I did not post to provide ammunition for the critiques, but to help inform those that may not know, which is what I thought was the whole point of the forums.

It appears you do indeed have a chip on your shoulder. I am unaware of any previous thread, but if Calor give/lend you a tank, then I guess they can dictate the supply. However, as you can see, you are free to get rid of it and go elsewhere, that is competition.

Maybe the competition authority should be given some praise - NOT your criticism.

emmm I did not criticise the competition authority, I simply stated the fact...

Apologies, I thought your comment about them was criticism.
    The Competition authority are not interested in this market because they say the consumer does have a choice to switch supplier....

• Advertisement

And they are correct.

As I said earlier it is not ideal,de-installing and reinsatlling a 1/2 ton tank and there is some collatertal damage that will need repairs... it would be a LOT more consumer friendly if we could choose to fill from our supplier of choice as in NI and UK.

Apologies, I thought your comment about them was criticism.

Nope... statement of fact..............

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Actually , no, that thread was stopped, for reasons, best not to get into...

Is it national chip on the shoulder day ?

It was stopped as it was going around in circles. As is this one, so it is too.

Don't bother posting on this subject again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement