Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C section belt.

Options
  • 06-06-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Has anyone used a belly bandit belt or similar after having a section? Are they any good? I've read good reviews online. Most are American and wondering what's the best one to purchase over here. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

I used high waisted shape wear. It did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I got a belly bandit before my daughter was born. I planned to use it as a waist trainer after delivery, but as it turned out, I had an emergency C-section and I found it a godsend. Not sure if you've had a c-section before, but the feeling afterwards is weird, I felt at times like my innards were about to fall out! The belly bandit gave me great support and I think it really helped with my recovery. It encourages good posture too which I think all helps with the healing.

I don't know if the Belly Bandit is worth the money though, any corset type belt would prob do the same. I found as I lost my belly, the part where the velcro connects started to curl out and it was quite noticeable under clothes. I will use it again, but if I were buying from scratch, I'd probably get a cheaper type in a couple of sizes.

By the way, for best results, wear all the time! I only took mine off to shower and I wore it for about 4 weeks. A bit hot and sweaty in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

fits wrote: »
    I used high waisted shape wear. It did the job.

Same, with plenty of padding over wound for a while tho....

Advertisement