Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herpes

Options
  • 06-06-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I recently had an STI check and found out I have herpes. I've had an awful 2 weeks with it; flu symptoms, sores, painful urination and at the moment I'm struggling to urinate at all.

The doctor sent me the results along with a prescription for anti viral drugs but other than that no other information, so I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm finding it hard to come to terms with and feel too ashamed to talk to anyone. The doctor that did my STI test made a horrible judgemental comment which has really stayed with me which is why I feel so ashamed. I'm struggling and would appreciate advice. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, in part due to the insensitive comment. Maybe when you are feeling a bit stronger in yourself you might think about making a formal complaint, something to think about in the future, actually advocating for yourself might give you back a bit of power, but only if/when you feel it is right- you might decide not to at all and that's OK too.

I can't really offer any practical advice but just wanted to say you shouldn't feel any shame. Maybe link in with your gp and ask if there are any support services? Hang in there, things are difficult now with your physical symptoms along with coming to terms with your diagnosis. Give yourself time and don't be hard on yourself.

Sorry I can't offer more help/advice, just wanted to post something to you but don't have a lot of actual knowledge to offer you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roseviolet123

I am so sorry you were treated so badly. Went through similar myself. There is no Shame as a lot of people have herpes.
    I struggled for years until I discovered a natural treatment called quick clear from America. It really works. I am not alive with the virus. They deliver to ireland. Depending on how long you have had the virus the dosage varies.

I took valtrix for a long time but the virus always returned.

The best of luck and there is no need for you to suffer.

Advertisement