Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Regulations - would I be eligible?

Options
  • 06-06-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hello, I'm thinking of sitting the GAMSAT this September with a view of starting a postgrad medicine course in September 2018. However, I'm currently in the first year of a PhD. I'm not enjoying it at all. If I can do well in the GAMSAT I'll see if I can finish with a research masters, if not I intend on dropping out if I get into medicine. Would dropping out of my PhD make me ineligible for admission? I noticed that UCD say "All previous third level attendances MUST be declared."

I have a 1.1 undergrad, so I need the GAMSAT score to meet the entry requirements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

Hello, I'm thinking of sitting the GAMSAT this September with a view of starting a postgrad medicine course in September 2018. However, I'm currently in the first year of a PhD. I'm not enjoying it at all. If I can do well in the GAMSAT I'll see if I can finish with a research masters, if not I intend on dropping out if I get into medicine. Would dropping out of my PhD make me ineligible for admission? I noticed that UCD say "All previous third level attendances MUST be declared."

I have a 1.1 undergrad, so I need the GAMSAT score to meet the entry requirements.

No, your results in your first degree are all that matter (plus GAMSAT of course). I'm just finishing first year and there are few people I have met here who were in a similar position to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

inca2 wrote: »
    No, your results in your first degree are all that matter (plus GAMSAT of course). I'm just finishing first year and there are few people I have met here who were in a similar position to you.

Great! Thank you. I'll sit it in September and see how I get on.

I hope you enjoyed your first year. Was it what you were expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

I've enjoyed it a lot! Just finishing up exams this week so hope to write a post about my experiences once they're done :)

Advertisement