Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed re. breast cancer

Options
  • 06-06-2017 7:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My sister found lump past week. Went to doc he said to get it checked out so she booked hermitage for today for consult plus investigation. She kept it from the rest of us until this morn but I'm just wondering if they do mammo/ultra/biopsy today(hermitage will do all on one day if necessary) and she gets dodgy news should she continue down private route or is public breast system as good as?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

My experience the Breast Clinic in St Vincents Public hospital was fantastic.

The breast clinic guarantees to see all women referred by a GP with a lump within 2 weeks.

You have a mammogram, ultrasound and visit to a breast surgeon. If an immediate diagnosis is possible, you will get it immediately and if you need surgery you will be put on the list of surgery based on urgency.

Good luck to your sister. I hope the news is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

FYI, they are very busy in Vincent's at the mo. I'm waiting three weeks for a mammogram despite an urgent request from my GP. I rang yesterday and was told it might be mid July before I am seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

I'd also love to know what happens if a person was to go private for the mammogram and needed additional treatment or surgery, could they still go public for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

huskerdu wrote: »
    My experience the Breast Clinic in St Vincents Public hospital was fantastic.

The breast clinic guarantees to see all women referred by a GP with a lump within 2 weeks.

You have a mammogram, ultrasound and visit to a breast surgeon. If an immediate diagnosis is possible, you will get it immediately and if you need surgery you will be put on the list of surgery based on urgency.

Good luck to your sister. I hope the news is good.

Thanks. Turned out to be fatty lump, you can imagines the slagging she got when we heard that.

Advertisement