Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS watch with voice recorder?

Options
  • 06-06-2017 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Currently have FR220, but want to upgrade to watch with voice recorder capability.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not sure if that would technically be described as an upgrade, but realistically, you'd be looking at a smart watch rather than a dedicated GPS watch, so while it will do voice recording 100% better than dedicated activity GPS watches (I'm assuming), it will likely not do as good a job in terms of activity tracking.

You might be better off having a separate wrist-based device for audio recording, as in theory, they'll both do a much better job than a combined device.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Appreciate the reply Krusty and had reluctantly reached similar conclusion. An ideal spec for me would be to have the voice recording GPS stamped. I could probably tolerate time stamped and cross reference with GPS track, but this is probably too cumbersome for me to stick with.
    Going to start looking at smart watches as I know nothing about them and see if I can tolerate the 'downgrade' and also see if any can gps stamp voice recording but I assume this is app based rather than watch based.

That requirement is a little more complex, as I don't imagine there's a wide variety of sound recording apps that offer geolocation tagging and your best bet would be a mobile phone app. Really unlikely that you'd get a smart watch app that could handle that type of requirement (or that has been built to service that need). Some results from google that may be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

That requirement is a little more complex, as I don't imagine there's a wide variety of sound recording apps that offer geolocation tagging and your best bet would be a mobile phone app. Really unlikely that you'd get a smart watch app that could handle that type of requirement (or that has been built to service that need). Some results from google that may be helpful.

I believe you trialed one of these yesterday :pac:

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I believe you trialed one of these yesterday :pac:
    Buggy... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement