Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re being bought out of house share

Options
  • 05-06-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, my sister is buying me out of my share of the house we bought together. The process has been prolonged as they wanted to retain the tracker mortgage which they have succeeded in doing. Do we split solicitors fees half in half? Or should they pay all fees? Also we are being asked to contribute to fixing a plumbing issue even tho the house has now been transferred out of my name. Any advice or experience in these matters? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Fourkidsat wrote: »
    Hello, my sister is buying me out of my share of the house we bought together. The process has been prolonged as they wanted to retain the tracker mortgage which they have succeeded in doing. Do we split solicitors fees half in half? Or should they pay all fees? Also we are being asked to contribute to fixing a plumbing issue even tho the house has now been transferred out of my name. Any advice or experience in these matters? Thanks

The fees are a matter for you and your sis to decide.

I would be inclined to split the fees unless you are being forced to sell.

I assume since the house is not in your name anymore then the sale has been complete? If it's complete then you have no obligation to pay for any issues with the house and id find it strange that you would be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fourkidsat

Hi.. Thanks for the reply. Yes the sale is complete & the request to contribute to the plumbing was a bolt from the blue. Thanks for that ... Much appreciated

Advertisement