Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook trouble

Options
  • 05-06-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone. Someone might be able to help me. I switched from Vodafone to 3 mobile and kept my same number. I got the new galaxy S8. I cannot log into my Facebook account now as it is not sending me the text message to my new phone. The port over of my old. NUmber is done as I can get texts and calls from other people.

Any one able to help me out.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Comments

johnroake wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Someone might be able to help me. I switched from Vodafone to 3 mobile and kept my same number. I got the new galaxy S8. I cannot log into my Facebook account now as it is not sending me the text message to my new phone. The port over of my old. NUmber is done as I can get texts and calls from other people.

Any one able to help me out.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section

You're using 2-factor authentication? Can you not just turn it off and log in then?

Also, how is Facebook getting the number to send the text to? From your account? I know that Facebook uses a method to pull your phone number from your SIM which will be the number that was on the SIM before you ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're using 2-factor authentication? Can you not just turn it off and log in then?

If you could turn it off without receiving the text 2Factor SMS would be pointless.

OP if you only recently ported its possible that SMS/Phone calls have been rerouted but short codes are still pending. Its also possible that it read the sim number instead of the number you would tell people if you kept your number when you initially moved to Vodafone.

Advertisement