Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Course Change

Options
  • 04-06-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, been worrying about this...
    Soooo,
    I attended a year of a course (level 8) and received the special rate absolutely no problem. Proceeded to repeat and didn't apply for grant because I wasn't aware that there could be a possibility that I'd get it. That year I took out an 8000 loan on top of another hefty amount from the previous year. So that option for me this year isn't a possibility.
    I live more than 120km from my college.I (and my leaving cert brother) only receive money from my disabled mother my whole life. Hence she can't work that much and doesn't make good money. I am estranged from my father. I myself don't have a job.
    I now an applying to a new course through CAO (level 8) in the same college and I really want to know if I am eligible for any sort of funding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

So you want to First Year for a 3rd time?

You want get a dime out of SUSI - have to either pay it or wait five years to be a Second Chance Student.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Simple answer, you would not be eligible for any funding until you are entering year 2 of any undergraduate course or until you have taken a break from studies for 5 years or more to be considered a second chance student.

Advertisement