Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 days until the Leaving Cert. 2017

Options
  • 03-06-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So my Leaving Cert. is beginning this Wednesday.

I need to pass 6 subjects and 2 of them have to be H4 for my course in Holland.

I haven't followed a study plan at all up until now but for the past few weeks I've just been flicking through textbooks and notes.

a) Do you think I will get the minimum entry requirements i.e. 6 passes and 2 H4?

b) What can I do between now and Wednesday to maximize my grades?

And yes, getting off boards is step 1.

Thanks for the help!

By the way I am doing English, Maths, Biology, Home Economics, Physics, French at Higher Level and LCVP and Irish at Ordinary Level.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How were your Mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oreillyingrid

In my Mocks I got about 415 points

63% in physics
    72% in home eco
    80% in biology
    58% in french without oral
    80% in english
    32% in maths

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

I don't get the problem? You seem to just need to improve in maths by a grade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your H4s don't look like they will be a problem.
    I would concentrate on Maths. I would say you need to pass it at a minimum.

spurious wrote: »
    Your H4s don't look like they will be a problem.
    I would concentrate on Maths. I would say you need to pass it at a minimum.

No its mainly Maths that I'm concerned about... I don't know whether I should drop to Ordinary or not.

• Advertisement

dorado99 wrote: »
    I don't get the problem? You seem to just need to improve in maths by a grade.

That's it. But if I don't pass Maths then I fail the year and don't have a back up for college in Ireland.

Do you need a pass in HL Maths or just a pass in Maths?
    If it's the latter, it's a no-brainer, drop, but PLEASE make sure you understand the different questions on the OL paper.
    If it's the former, you're not that far off passing - practice lots of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

I got 487 points in the mocks. I'm needing 570+ ideally. I think I've improved in all subjects and will be sitting an extra subject in which I'm certain I'll get a H1. Is a 80+ point improvement possible? I'm getting very anxious.

spurious wrote: »
    Do you need a pass in HL Maths or just a pass in Maths?
    If it's the latter, it's a no-brainer, drop, but PLEASE make sure you understand the different questions on the OL paper.
    If it's the former, you're not that far off passing - practice lots of questions.

Thand for your help. Think I may just be over thinking things and working myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I got 487 points in the mocks. I'm needing 570+ ideally. I think I've improved in all subjects and will be sitting an extra subject in which I'm certain I'll get a H1. Is a 80+ point improvement possible? I'm getting very anxious.

I think everything is relative to the individual, how much work they put in and their capabilities. If you have put in enough work to improve by 80 points then odds are you'll get very close to that.

• Advertisement

Oh definitely with the H1 you're confident about! Best of luck😊

Advertisement