Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced Drummer Available.

Options
  • 03-06-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Capable drummer (52) with extensive experience in Rock, Blues and Funk.

Looking to meet up with experienced guitarist / bass, or blues rock based band.
    Would like to meet or get a 3/4 piece band together, and get gigging.

Living in Connemara at the moment. Looking to relocate soon.

Give me a shout!

Thanks,
    John 087-2067930.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 galimosan

I'm an American guitarist, just moved to Kenmare. I work with an American singer, and we're looking for members to put together a Committments style band to make ****loads of money. We are very pro, and the singer is one of the best Soul/RB/Rock singers anywhere. We're looking for very talented players from all over, who are well versed in all styles, and can quickly put together 4 sets of crowd pleasers. Since I'm new, I'm not allowed to put up links, but if you go to Youtube and key in Garry Limuti, you can find videos of me, the singer and our band. In particular, look at our video of The Sorority Girls at The Moonshadow, doing Otis Reddings "I've Been Loving You Too Long". This is the direction we'd like to go. If interested please send any links of yourself playing. We're also looking for keys, and bass, maybe horns.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jhump3

Hi Garry,
    Thanks for your reply. just had a look at some of your videos. Think a Jam could go well!
    But why Kenmare?

I'm considering moving to Cork (or Munich) in a few months, the main purpose of the move would be to meet musicians and get playing.
    I don't have, and don't plan to make any videos of myself playing. Most of my playing experience was before 1998, and social media.
    I have some recordings on CD and tape.

I'm looking for something which could be put together in a short space of time as well.
    Any thoughts on getting a 3 piece blues rock band together.

Do you plan to audition?

Kenmare is just where I live, and where the singer will be moving to next month. We have no problem with driving a couple of hours once or twice a week in order to put something together. I'm about an hour from Cork, and I'm in touch with a keyboard player there, whom I hope to hook up with. I'm not opposed to a blues project if some serious money could be made doing that kind of project. The Soul/R&B thing seems like it has a little more money making potential as far as the big paying wedding/corporate gigs go. My goal is to find a pro rhythm section which could put together 4 sets very quickly. Right now, either Cork, or some centralized location would be good for getting together. Do they have rehearsal spaces to rent by the day here, as they do in the States?

Hi Garry,
    Will you give me a call, number is in my add. And we can talk.
    Thanks.

When's a good time to call?

• Advertisement

Daytime is fine.

Advertisement