Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD ACCESS COURSE - Science, Engineering and Agriculture

Options
  • 02-06-2017 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Howiya guys. Quick question.

I was hoping to do the ucd access course for sciences and I was wondering if anyone could tell me like when you actually finish the course and assuming you do well in everything... whats the end result? Do you get to choose from a list of any courses in UCD?? OR is it just some of them?

The reason I am asking is I was hoping to use it to get into courses such as Medicine, Radiography or even Vetinary medicine.

Is this feasible or is this not really something you would be able to do with the access course due to the allocation of places or whatever.

Thanks if anyone knows the answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tcoogan

Hi there,

Feel free to phone me (Thomond - 01 716 7584) for more information about UCD's Access to Science, Engineering & Agriculture course, but to answer your query:

Students who achieve an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.08 on the Access Course, are eligible to apply on grounds of mature years, and who follow appropriate application procedures via the CAO will be guaranteed a place on the:

• BSc (Bachelor of Science),
    • B Agr Sc (Bachelor of Agricultural Science) degree
    • BE (Bachelor of Engineering)
    To obtain a guaranteed place on the BE (Bachelor of Engineering) degree course students must obtain an overall grade of at least A- in each of the mathematics modules.
    A student who achieves a grade of A- or over in each of the mathematics modules may take Calculus and Linear Algebra for the Mathematical and Physical Sciences when they proceed to Stage 1 Science.

CAO codes for degree programmes in UCD with progression from the Access course.
    DN200 Science

DN250 Agricultural Science
    DN250 ACP Animal & Crop Production
    DN250 ASC Animal Science
    DN250 ENT Engineering Technology
    DN250 EQS Animal Science - Equine
    DN250 FAM Food & Agribusiness Management
    DN250 NPF No Preference
    DN252 Dairy Business
    DN253 Agri-Environmental Sciences
    DN261 Food Science
    DN271 Forestry
    DN272 Horticulture, Landscape & Sportsturf Management

DN140 Structural Engineering with Architecture
    DN150 Engineering

Successful students may also be considered eligible for entry to other courses, including Radiography and Physiotherapy, but on a case by case basis.

All the best!

Advertisement