Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New direct Cork / Verona flights

Options
  • 02-06-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Noticed today that Volotea (low cost Spanish) have started a weekly flight from Cork to Verona. As an Italiophile this is a Godsend but the prices look a bit mad at the moment (500 return).

I haven't seen any launch or anything so they will probably take a few weeks to settle in - I would be interested to know if anyone had any insight into the route/company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

joeysoap wrote:
    As they were outward flights I didn't need to book seats but reading this thread I decided maybe I would book them for the UK leg and that's when I discovered that there is no seat 'sale' after you have completed your booking. And of course the seats were in sterling. So no, not going pay as much for the seats as the flight, if we are seperated for the 3 hours no big deal, we have over 2 hours at the uk airport, so will have a snack there instead of on the plane.

It's a route they've been doing as a charter flight for a few years. This year they are selling a few seats themselves, hence the crazy prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Thinking of using ths route for a short trip before the end of the summer, just wondering those anyone have experience of flying with velotea as ive never heard of them before, they seem to have very mixed reveiws; but thats par the course for every low cost airline I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

Thinking of using ths route for a short trip before the end of the summer, just wondering those anyone have experience of flying with velotea as ive never heard of them before, they seem to have very mixed reveiws; but thats par the course for every low cost airline I suppose.

The problem with airline review sites like TripAdvisor and Skytrax is that people rarely leave reviews when their experience is satisfactory or good. In general people only leave reviews for bad experience or exceptionally good ones. For example I saw a review of CityJet on TripAdvisor where someone left a bad review saying they were a frequent flyer with CityJet and usually had a good experience but recently had a bad experience. Of course they never left any reviews for all the good flights!

There are some genuinely excellent airlines that break the mixed reviews trend like Aegean Airlines and Singapore Airlines. But I find most airlines on TripAdvisor get a score of 3 or 3.5 stars. And there are also some airlines which get particularly bad reviews like Spirit Airlines and Frontier Airlines which is probably for a good reason, but in general I wouldn't read too much into airline reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

One of my family members has flown with Volotea earlier this year:
    on board is absolutely fine,
    I did book their flights and the online booking experience is also fine.
    Seats in front were EUR 11.
    Just another low-cost really.
    Planes are smaller than Ryanair, they have both Airbus A319s and Boeing 717s.

Advertisement