Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi second chance students

Options
  • 02-06-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, im just wondering if anybody knows anything about the 'second chance' student grant from susi. I attended a level 7 course 7 years ago but dropped out. In the meantime i did a level 5 fetac course while i was working. Also it will be a level 8 course ill be attending in september. Ive read a lot of posts which seem to suggest i wont get the grant because of the level 5 fetac course, but on the susi website it suggests otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or any bit of info would be great. I really dont have 6grand to fork out for college 😭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Pepper101 wrote: »
    Hi, im just wondering if anybody knows anything about the 'second chance' student grant from susi. I attended a level 7 course 7 years ago but dropped out. In the meantime i did a level 5 fetac course while i was working. Also it will be a level 8 course ill be attending in september. Ive read a lot of posts which seem to suggest i wont get the grant because of the level 5 fetac course, but on the susi website it suggests otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or any bit of info would be great. I really dont have 6grand to fork out for college 😭

According to the student grant scheme 2017, it looks like you may be eligible as a second chance student. Highlighted below.
    (6) A mature student pursuing an approved course shall be known as a “Second Chance Student” where the student—
    (a) is returning following a full 5 year break in studies; and
    (b) previously attended but did not complete a course; and
    (c) is returning in order to pursue an approved course at PLC, undergraduate or postgraduate level in the relevant academic year.
    (7) Where a second chance student has attended a course below undergraduate level during the 5 year break in studies, he or she is regarded as satisfying the conditions of paragraph 6(a), subject to the rules of progression as provided for in this Scheme and Section 2 of the Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pepper101

Sup08 wrote: »
    According to the student grant scheme 2017, it looks like you may be eligible as a second chance student. Highlighted below.

Thanks a mill for the reply keeps my hopes up anyway. So it looks like doing the level 5 wont ruin my chances of getting the grant then ? In terms of progression the course is not at all related to what im doing in september. So stressed at the moment.

Advertisement