Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Meteor 30days Simonly, to Eir Mobile

Options
  • 02-06-2017 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to switch my plan from Meteor Lite (€15) 1GB, 100min, unlimited texts, to Eir Mobile (€10), 1Gb, 100min, unlimited texts.

2 Questions.

1. As I'm on 30 days meteor rolling contract, I read that if I initiate switch through Eir Mobile, then I'll still have to pay for 30 days service from Meteor which I won't use.
    What is the correct procedure of switching when on 30 days rolling contract?
    I was always thinking, that if I give my notice to Meteor that I want to cancel my contract, then after 30 days they'll disable my service, and I won't be able to switch my number and I'll just loose it.
    Or can I make cancellation with Meteor on 30 days contract, and then do the switch to Eir Mobile before 30 days expire?

2. Is Eir mobile service comparable to Meteor? I know they use the same network, but does that mean I will be able to get exact same coverage on Eir Mobile as I get now on Meteor?
    Are there any differences or pros or cons of being with Eir Mobile comparing to Meteor? (I'm aware of higher EU calls cost on Eir mobile, but I'm not bothered by that).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CiniO wrote: »
    2. Is Eir mobile service comparable to Meteor? I know they use the same network, but does that mean I will be able to get exact same coverage on Eir Mobile as I get now on Meteor?
    Are there any differences or pros or cons of being with Eir Mobile comparing to Meteor? (I'm aware of higher EU calls cost on Eir mobile, but I'm not bothered by that).

All it changes is the name on the bill. Same staff, network etc.

Advertisement