Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a phone bought in the UK work here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, same bands in use here and there.

If your sim is a Nano then its the right size, if its a micro it'll need to be shrunk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Do I contact my network provider (Vodafone) to send me a new one? I've had this one for 4 years and I think they originally sawed it down to fit my Sony!

If the new phone requires a smaller sim and you can't break the nano out of the existing sim, go to a Vodafone shop and they will sort you out. I don't know what you're thinking of when you suggest that you 'contact' them - you really need to visit one of their shops if there's no DIY solution and you need a new sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

coylemj wrote: »
    If the new phone requires a smaller sim and you can't break the nano out of the existing sim, go to a Vodafone shop and they will sort you out. I don't know what you're thinking of when you suggest that you 'contact' them - you really need to visit one of their shops if there's no DIY solution and you need a new sim.

When I said 'contact' them, I thought they would send you out a replacement SIM. Like if I broke my sim or something, they would send me out a new one? Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't had to do it! (I mean, ordering a replacement SIM online - instead of going into the shop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

When I said 'contact' them, I thought they would send you out a replacement SIM. Like if I broke my sim or something, they would send me out a new one? Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't had to do it! (I mean, ordering a replacement SIM online - instead of going into the shop)

You can just ring them and ask them to send out a replacement sim that fits that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

You can just ring them and ask them to send out a replacement sim that fits that phone.

That answers my question, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you want to switch sims, the easiest way to do it is to go into a Vodafone shop.

The person at the counter will (1) get a new sim which fits your phone (2) fit it to your phone (3) call the Vodafone support centre to get the old sim deactivated and the new one activated. All of this will take about 5 minutes, after which the new sim will be active and can use the new phone.

Good luck doing it by post.

Advertisement