Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBC water bowser

Options
  • 01-06-2017 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi guy. I know there's a few threads on water to cattle but I have a few specific questions.
    building a IBC water on frame and axle. frame built with 1000 litre cube ready to sit on. question is
    can the tanker gravity feed a ball cock on a 30/40 gallon drinker/trough? ie is the pressure enough to open this as someone told me today to get a low pressure one?
    and
    is a 40 gal double drinker hanging of the back, (200kgs thereabouts to much ) what has anyone else done. drunker in question similar to attached pic, thanks418862.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Wessel3 wrote: »
    Hi guy. I know there's a few threads on water to cattle but I have a few specific questions.
    building a IBC water on frame and axle. frame built with 1000 litre cube ready to sit on. question is
    can the tanker gravity feed a ball cock on a 30/40 gallon drinker/trough? ie is the pressure enough to open this as someone told me today to get a low pressure one?
    and
    is a 40 gal double drinker hanging of the back, (200kgs thereabouts to much ) what has anyone else done. drunker in question similar to attached pic, thanks418862.png

Yea a low pressure ballcock doesn'nt need as much pressure to open it also has a bigger outlet and more forgiving for specks of dirt in the IBC .
    40 gal hanging on the back will mean that the axle has to be well back or a stand on the back as it'll tip when the IBC is empty and the tank full.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A 30gal trough would prob be big enough. Fit a simple leg stand at the back in the middle of the trough and one on drawbar that xan be dropped and will stop any fear if it toppling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Should work .
    I would put two adjustable legs at the back and a screw down leg at the front for stability.

Get one free f the black ibc tanks , they stop the light better and stop green crap growing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I have similar setup but ibc about 2 feet off ground and trough on ground. Works fine but flow is slow. Depends on how many drinking out of it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wessel3

hi guys, hoping the finish this week,
    im planning on jockey wheel at front and jack stand, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

Wessel3 wrote: »
    hi guys, hoping the finish this week,
    im planning on jockey wheel at front and jack stand, thanks

Get a decent jockey wheel.. them light ones are a PIA.. burst you trying to wind them and they fall apart after 6 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭slystallone

What size ball valve is on the bowser in this video?

Advertisement