Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - I got no green slip, and the letter was sent to the wrong name

Options
  • 01-06-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was waiting on a letter to arrive, the tracking hadn't changed for over a week so I assumed it got lost. I checked tracking again, and turns out it arrived at the local sorting center about 12 days ago. I never got any green slip. And to complicate things further, they somehow put the wrong name on the package, a females name. The surname is correct though. It was sent from an EU country. Will the package still be there after all this time? And can I pick it up even though theres a different first name? The sorting office wont answer the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

I think that on any green slip I got to say there was a package in the sorting office for collection, it said that if it wasn't collected within 5 days it was returned to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

If its an international package/letter it will be kept for 18 days

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I nearly missed a package since the postman had put the notice slip in the middle of unsolicited junkmail he was delivering, he folded them all down the middle so they were in a bundle, only when I went to throw them out days later I bothered to separate them and saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Someone collected it at my house and didn't tell me. Because of those ****ty electronic pads, the name came out wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

kbell wrote: »
    I think that on any green slip I got to say there was a package in the sorting office for collection, it said that if it wasn't collected within 5 days it was returned to sender.

Thats for domestic mail. From Europe its 16 days or something. Outside the EU 21 days I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement