Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Languages UCD or European Studies Trinity

Options
  • 01-06-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm about to sit my leaving cert and I'm still unsure about my CAO choice. I'm interested in studying languages, with a view to probably working as an interpreter in the future. I'm torn between the two courses above, International languages in UCD or European studies in Trinity so I was wondering if anyone has any advice! Generally speaking the UCD course offers a more in depth study of languages, including study of literature, and also allows me to take a third language for first and second year. Trinity's course is broader, and includes history, politics and economics modules which could be beneficial for working with the EU etc. My dilemma is whether to pick the broader course, knowing my languages won't be as fluent but I will have a broader knowledge of other subjects, or just focus on languages and reach a higher level of fluency. If anyone has experience with either of these courses or with the language departments in either college, in particular the French dept, how did you find it, I'm getting very mixed reviews. Also if people could let me know whether they found it hard making friends at UCD because of the huge arts department etc or anything about their general student experience in either college. Thank you!

Comments

Advertisement