Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Department of Transport / An post

Options
  • 01-06-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

So bought a car over a month ago.

The log book was sent off by the seller. I can confirm this because it was transferred to my name (can tell from the motortax website). But the log book never arrived to me. So was told by by the Department of Transport in Shannon that I'd have to get the correct form from the Gardai and get them to stamp it and send the form with a 12 euro fee for a replacement. Annoying because I didn't lose it but said ok and went to the Gardai, got the form sent it off to my local council with the 12 euro.

Got a receipt for the 12 euro right away from my local council. Then they instruct the department in Shannon to send out a replacement Log book. The replacement also hasn't arrived. So I ring Shannon. They say I'll have to get another form, pay another 12 euro and hope it comes this time. I can't pay the 12 euro and collect it at the tax office.

This apparently is my only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it's a pretty poor system, should be an option for registered delivery.

Perhaps call them and double check they are actually sending it out to your address, get them to go through it word for word. Very rare for 1 item to go missing in the post, nevermind 2 from the same sender.

Advertisement