Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need PP to change windows?

Options
  • 31-05-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello. All houses in this small estate, 18-20 years old, have those mock-Georgian double glazed squared windows with the white dividers. I am changing out my windows and doors for new frames with plain glass, which will make the appearance somewhat different from the others. All the houses have basically the same shape. Q: Is planning permission required for the windows in the front?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ciarrioch wrote: »
    Hello. All houses in this small estate, 18-20 years old, have those mock-Georgian double glazed squared windows with the white dividers. I am changing out my windows and doors for new frames with plain glass, which will make the appearance somewhat different from the others. All the houses have basically the same shape. Q: Is planning permission required for the windows in the front?

As far as I'm aware planning permission isn't needed to replace windows/doors on a house.

Even if planning not required, check the conditions on the title and whether there are any rules of the management company. There usually are some requirements, say limiting the colours you can use on the exterior of an apartment, not allowing Sky dishes on the front etc.

Advertisement