Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Art History

Options
  • 31-05-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi! I'm doing my leaving cert this year and while revising art history I just realised that my class haven't actually covered anything that came up in the European Art section of the 2016 exam paper. I think it was the only year this happened, but nonetheless I'm a little worried it could happen again.

For European Art we've covered Renaissance Sculpture (only Ghiberti & Pissano), Impressionism (Degas, Money, Pissarro & Renior), Post-Impressionism (Cézanne, Gauguin & van Gogh), Fauvism (Matisse) and Cubism (Picasso). None of these came up in 2016.

I've been considering learning Romanesque and Gothic architecture since it seems to come up every year. I'm really looking for a H1 in Art if possible. I know it's a difficult grade to get, but I can hope! Basically I'd like to know if Romanesque & Gothic architecture would take a long time to study and if any current/past art students would advise it at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

While they are both nice chapters you would have to cover gothic and Romanesque sculpture too as well as stained glass to be safe I think

Advertisement