Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding an old share certificate

Options
  • 31-05-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey yee all,
    I had shares with anglo back in the day that were nationalized and want to write this money off against CGT this year. The shares were with sharewatch who closed down. 
    I also still have shares with BOI that were purchased through sharewatch and would like to find their purchase value.
    Does anyone know of a way of tracking down these certs or can send me in the right direction??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Did you physically hold a certificate yourself at any stage ?
    If not, then the broker would have held the shares but not in certificate form. They would have been held electronically at the relevent CSD, most likely in nominee form (in the brokers name, not yours)

I had an account with Sharewatch. There was some sort of tie up with Sharewatch, ODL markets & FXCM.
    http://www.sharewatch.com/sw2011/aboutus.html
    Would be worth getting in contact with FXCM and explaining the situation.

Advertisement