Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Aer Lingus issues

Options
  • 31-05-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any issues trying to contact Aer Lingus? On Monday i tried to check in online, couldnt remember my log in details so requested password reset etc, didnt recognise my email address. So tried to ring them but the 1800 website help number on their site, gets through to UK Nationwide Ireland. After a couple of hours of trying i eventually got through to a regular number, explained my issues, was told they are having website problems and would be sorted in an hour, that was 48 hours ago. Tried twitter, got a reply straight away but a follow up query was only just dealt with now, 24 hours later. Its unbelievable that they dont have a Live Chat facility or email contacts.Thankfully my flight isn't imminent but if i had left it to the last minute i dont know what would have happened. :mad: Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

Has anyone had any issues trying to contact Aer Lingus? On Monday i tried to check in online, couldnt remember my log in details so requested password reset etc, didnt recognise my email address. So tried to ring them but the 1800 website help number on their site, gets through to UK Nationwide Ireland. After a couple of hours of trying i eventually got through to a regular number, explained my issues, was told they are having website problems and would be sorted in an hour, that was 48 hours ago. Tried twitter, got a reply straight away but a follow up query was only just dealt with now, 24 hours later. Its unbelievable that they dont have a Live Chat facility or email contacts.Thankfully my flight isn't imminent but if i had left it to the last minute i dont know what would have happened. :mad: Rant over.

You might have had to check-in at the airport. Which would have been a total disaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You need only the booking ref and surname to check in, no login, no email...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

VG31 wrote: »
    You might have had to check-in at the airport. Which would have been a total disaster?

Actually it might well have been as i will be cutting it very tight, but thanks for your helpful advice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

Actually it might well have been as i will be cutting it very tight, but thanks for your helpful advice :rolleyes:

What do you mean by "cutting it very tight"? I'm not trying to be unhelpful but you seem to be making this out to be a major issue when it wasn't.

You need only the booking ref and surname to check in, no login, no email...

Thank you, thought i needed to log in :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Also why couldn't you just check in using your booking ref and surname as mentioned above ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Also why couldn't you just check in using your booking ref and surname as mentioned above ?

because im an eejit :o Been years since i used them wasnt too familiar with website

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

because im an eejit :o Been years since i used them wasnt too familiar with website

All the same, they are next to impossible to contact. The service on the plane is good (bar having to pay for alcoholic drinks on transatlantic flights), but it you have a problem and need to contact AL, God help you. Their customer service is absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Have to agree, nightmare contacting them, 5 emails and 7months later, I got the refund I was due :) said it would take 28 days!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Have to agree, nightmare contacting them, 5 emails and 7months later, I got the refund I was due :) said it would take 28 days!

If I recall correctly, a number of years ago before social media became mainstream and long before household corporate names started using social media, both Aer Lingus and Ryanair only accepted official complaints via fax?! They learned that making the public jump through hoops to complain meant they get less of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭john boye

JCX BXC wrote: »

They really are. And God help you if you need to change a flight at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Overall Aer Lingus are poor at responding to complaints, refund requests or general issues. A lot of smaller issues can be taken care of via social media, it's faster and cheaper but bigger complaints that involve phone calls, emails or letters take forever to deal with. In all honesty very few airlines are good at this, it's an area of the business that has never seen any modernisation. 
    If you manage to get through to Aer Lingus on the phone and request a flight/name change they'll do it there and then quite easily as I've experienced, they tend to be very friendly and helpful. Send them a complaint and you'll be waiting a while.

Advertisement