Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivery Query

Options
  • 30-05-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine who is currently in Belarus has sent me an envelope. She sent it on the 14th May. It still hasn't arrived so she enquired to the postal service over there and they said that the parcel has been in the Office of Exchange Dublin since the 19th May. Why would it still be there? Is there any number I can ring to enquire about this? Anybody experience something like this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Fonze07 wrote: »
    A friend of mine who is currently in Belarus has sent me an envelope. She sent it on the 14th May. It still hasn't arrived so she enquired to the postal service over there and they said that the parcel has been in the Office of Exchange Dublin since the 19th May. Why would it still be there? Is there any number I can ring to enquire about this? Anybody experience something like this before?

Thanks

I can't offer help as to why but a friend of mine ordered something via Etsy from Russia back in April and tracking put it in Ireland at the end of April. It only arrived with her last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ask them for the tracking number. If they know it is in dublin it must have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You should also contact An Post. They will check if they have any items addressed to you that could not be delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

This is an on going issue with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

I got the tracking number off her but when I entered it in it said that it was invalid.

Emailed them a few days ago and no reply. Tried ringing this morning. Was in a queue for bloody ages and nobody picked up so gave up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Change the last two digits if tracking number to ie i can pm you custoner services manager details if yiu want

Can you enter the number on the Belarus Post Office website? See what it says?

I did. All it said was it had been shipped from Belarus on the 15th May. So my friend emailed them and they said that it's been in The office of Dublin Exchange since the 19th May

amtc wrote: »
    Change the last two digits if tracking number to ie i can pm you custoner services manager details if yiu want

Yes please

amtc wrote: »

Changed the last two digits from BY to IE and got the same message:

Tracking Results

Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s), or we may not have yet received the item(s).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The sender of this item really needs to chase this,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Is this a parcel or an envelope?

Reason I ask is that a parcel coming from the UK did not arrive as expected. Sender followed up and it was sitting in a warehouse because of insufficient address info. Royal Mail no longer use An Post to deliver parcels - they use one of the couriers. Courier basically ignored it as it didn't have an Eircode. Once the Eircode was passed along the line, the parcel eventually got delivered. Brings a whole new meaning to snail mail!!!

Anyway, maybe same with Belarus? Either way, it is the sender that will have to chase it up.

Got it sorted. Arrived 2 days ago. Cheers everyone.

Quick question if anybody has any insight.

I sent 2 separate envelopes to her. The first envelope I sent, the recipient had to pay a small charge when she received it. It was only about 2 euro but the 2nd envelope was pretty similar and she didn't have to pay anything. How do they determine when she pays and when she doesn't.

I sent two envelopes off to her today because I couldn't fit it all on one so sent two off together. How will I know if she will have to pay anything on these? Bit embarrassing knowing she has to pay to receive the envelopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I assume these are customs charges?

Yeah but how do they determine it. The first envelope she had to pay a charge but nothing on the second and the second had more valuable stuff in it etc etc...

Just don't want her to have to pay to receive a parcel I sent. Kind of embarrassing. Would just like to know what will be the case this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there is no way to tell in advance if there will be a charge. Customs do not check every package and letter.

Advertisement