Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat preference on AL airbus A320

Options
  • 30-05-2017 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Flying from Spain to Dublin in July & haven't been in one of these planes before. Are any seats better than others or is it much of a muchness?

Other half is looking at rows 4 or 5 & I'm thinking of rows 17 or 18.
    I don't want to be over the wing & am quite a nervous traveller so the recent reviews about the back of planes being safer may have influenced my choice there though :o

Also does anyone know if AL board from the front or the back coming back from Spain?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

All seats are pretty much identical. If you've a nervous bladder and you're a nervous flyer pick an aisle seat closer to the toilets. If you want to sit and stay put for the whole flight pick a window.
    One of the reasons that first and business class are to the front is that you feel less of the movement of the aircraft (though the difference is probably miniscule).
    On the likes of AerLingus short haul and ryanair being closer to a galley increases your chances of getting your choice of food or drink, if you're buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

All seats are the same

Rows 1, 12, 13 are exit rows and EI will charge extra for these if you want them at online check in

Rows 2-7 extra charge again

In person at the airport, all the charged for seats will be free if the plane is full

Avoid the last row 29

Best bet is 8-10, free to select at online check in, near the front and ahead of the wing which is quieter

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Eire girl wrote: »
    Also does anyone know if AL board from the front or the back coming back from Spain?
    Boarding is no longer by seat row with EI. Its those with kids, Aerclub members, those who paid for priority boarding first. Then everyone else after that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

If you want to be served faster and exit faster after arrival then sitting at the front is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

yep, if you must choose a seat and are happy to pay, then I'd go somewhere from 2 to 7.

People in exit rows and row 1 have to have all bags stowed for take off and landing which is not something I find as a positive. Its just handier to keep whatever travel stuff you have by your feet and leave it there.

I flew with aer lingus yesterday in row 4 and it was a pleasant change from having to crawl down the back when boarding, and then back to the front again at the destination.
    If flying from Spain there'll likely be heaps of kids so again boarding and disembarking from the back would be slow and tedious.

The priority boarding with the front seats is an added bonus as it saves the shuffling in the queue when waiting to get boarding cards checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

Im flying to gran caneria in 2 weeks
    Me the mrs and our 5 year old daughter
    Would we be better off paying to choose our own seats or will we be all put together anyway ?

Mrtm17 wrote: »
    Im flying to gran caneria in 2 weeks
    Me the mrs and our 5 year old daughter
    Would we be better off paying to choose our own seats or will we be all put together anyway ?
    You should be seated together provided you are prompt with your online check in 30hrs before.

Locker10a wrote: »
    You should be seated together provided you are prompt with your online check in 30hrs before.

Yea mayb ill chance it.ill b shot if we arnt together:)

Locker10a wrote: »

Well in that case pay to guarantee your seats and use your Mrs credit card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You will be together.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    You will be together.

On the free allocation?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    You will be together.

On the free allocation?
    I've never had problems with aer lingus and seating as long as you check in online early, also don't forget to do the same for the return, a good idea is to set a reminder on your phone! Also you may check in online 30hours before, however you do NOT need to print your boarding passes. So if you don't have access to a printer on your holidays just check in online and print passes at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

On the free allocation?

Yeah as said above, once you check in early you will have the option to select the free seats from around row 8 to 29 excluding exit rows.

Advertisement