Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing for a plastering job

Options
  • 29-05-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a bedroom with ceiling tiles on it 14ft x 14ft .. without taking anything off the ceiling (putting boards on top) how much do you think it would cost? My quote is materials €180 and Labour is €300 for two people but I don't know if this is a reasonable price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

regina123 wrote: »
    I have a bedroom with ceiling tiles on it 14ft x 14ft .. without taking anything off the ceiling (putting boards on top) how much do you think it would cost? My quote is materials €180 and Labour is €300 for two people but I don't know if this is a reasonable price

Sound like about 8 boards at perhaps a 10er a shot, a box of screws, few bags of skim and some scrim tape. Mileage on top of that and your not far off materials . 150 a man day for two men is fair enough - one man won't drive to the providers, load up, unload, hump stuff upstairs, hang boards, skim and clean up .. in a day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

It's a very fair price

Advertisement