Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipboard Floor and Damp

Options
  • 29-05-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi All,

I wonder if someone could advise me on the attached pictures. I recently pulled up the carpet in the spare room in order to lay a laminate floor and previous owners must have had a leak in the room as the chipboard looks stained. There is a slight smell in the room after lifting the carpet (although I am not sure if is the newly painted walls which has a musty smell).

Do I need to replace this floor? It seems is pretty good condition bar the colour. Any thoughts? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Looks fine, if there was a serious leak it would have swollen and got soft. Might need extra screws due to T&G damage, so watch out for those pipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Looks fine and just to add whoever lay those pipes cutting a channel in the upper sections of the joist should be shot. So many lazy builders/tradesmen/handymen about you can't trust anyone to do a good job resulting in having to do everything yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

Thanks for the reply guys. I will floor over it!

Advertisement