Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child access order example

Options
  • 29-05-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. Looking for advice on a good schedule for seeing my kids. Really don't get on with the x. This one day a week every second weekend thing isn't too cool with me. Any advice on a schedule that works best

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Moved from the weddings forum. I hope this is the right place for it, but apologies if it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Everyone's schedule is different. If you want to change it you need to either go to mediation(probably not going to work if you don't get on) or go to court and apply for more access.

http://www.treoir.ie/information-access-and-custody.php#acc
    For parents
    Where parents are not living together it may be possible to come to an informal arrangement whereby the non-resident parent may have access to his/her child on a regular basis without having to go to Court. If parents are having difficulty in making arrangements regarding access they could consider Mediation or Collaborative Law (see below). If the parents cannot reach an agreement informally, the non-resident parent may apply to the local District Court for an Access Order. The court may set the time, place and duration of access. As with all cases involving children, any decision made by the court will be made in the best interests of the child and the court will consider the views of the child where possible given his/her age and understanding. A non-resident parent is usually granted access. Access can also be applied for where a child is in the care of TUSLA, the Child and Family Agency.
    Before making an applications for access, court Form No. 58.49 must be completed. This form is a 'Statement of Arrangements for Child'. Download here http://www.treoir.ie/cms-assets/documents/235262-54669.form-no.-58.49.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Snugglebunnies

I think the norm is every second weekend and one day mid week...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

I think the norm is every second weekend and one day mid week...

Yes, I agree that seems to be the norm among most I have met. Really depends on how close you live to your ex, how close you live to kids schools etc....Mediation is ideal if you can do it, but if not, have a think about what you want and start compromising with him / her

Advertisement