Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser eye surgery Galway

Options
  • 29-05-2017 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi,

Have to get this done for a job I am applying for.
    Anyone know anything of the laser eye surgery scene in galway not sure who to go to as they all seem the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SuperMack

Suggest you read my thread before you use the likes of Optical Express. Don't know if they are in Galway but you'll find them in most towns and if something goes wrong well just read the thread.........good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

SuperMack wrote: »
    Suggest you read my thread before you use the likes of Optical Express. Don't know if they are in Galway but you'll find them in most towns and if something goes wrong well just read the thread.........good luck!

Hi
    sorry to hear but I will never even think of using one of them "high street" places, only considering private hospitals that have a sterling reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

leestone wrote: »
    Hi,

Have to get this done for a job I am applying for.
    Anyone know anything of the laser eye surgery scene in galway not sure who to go to as they all seem the same?

I went with Optilase in Cork. They have a fantastic reputation and I found them excellent. Totally patient orientated and very helpful and supportive at every step of the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

peachypyro wrote: »
    I went with Optilase in Cork. They have a fantastic reputation and I found them excellent. Totally patient orientated and very helpful and supportive at every step of the way!

I'm booked in with Wellington in the beacon next week. Got a bad vibe off the Galway clinic receptionist put me off when I spoke to them, even emails put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

leestone wrote: »
    I'm booked in with Wellington in the beacon next week. Got a bad vibe off the Galway clinic receptionist put me off when I spoke to them, even emails put me off.

That's really unfortunate. I'm based in Cork now and they were fantastic.
    Conversely, I wasn't thrilled with how the Wellington staff spoke to me, that's why I went with Optilase in the end!
    Good luck with it anyway. I had mine done almost seven weeks ago and honestly, I think it's the best decision I ever made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement