Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone in Germany

Options
  • 29-05-2017 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi I left my phone behind me in Germany a person there tried to send it over to me but it was returned to them because of regulations with batteries on flights.Its an iphone 6 and removing the battery looks tricky enough to do without causing damage to the phone. Would DHL or any other courier service permit it to be shipped over ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Before January of this year it was easier, now they count as hazardous materials like acids etc. What you need to do is find a provider that has a surface mail link to Dublin, it'll be slow but accepted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TNT or DHL have road services into Ireland, and should accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

Thanks for the replies they now have a relation travelling to Ireland this weekend who will bring it over for me so hopefully problem solved.

Advertisement