Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last years P45 for new job

Options
  • 29-05-2017 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.

I finished my last job in Oct 2016 (FTC) and I am starting a new job in Oct 2017 (permanent)

I have my P45 from my previous employer - I am just wondering is it okay to give my new employer, in Oct 2017 since its, last years P45 (Oct 2016)?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, a P45 from 2016 is no use to your new employer

Just tell the new employer that you've haven't worked yet this year and they will notify Revenue that you have started working for them. Some employers may ask that you ring Revenue yourself to notify them.

Submit a request to revenue for a P21 statement for 2016, as you may have overpaid tax last year that you're entitled to get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Dont need it. A P45 is an up to date statement of deductions of the present tax year. This is now a different year so it is not relevant.

Tell them you have not worked this year yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

All dealings with Revenue is done online now. You'll need to register for a paye anytime account and register your employers details online as a new employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Register for MyAccount and use the Jobs and Pensions service to register your new employment. Your employer can't do it for you any more. Get their employer's registration prior to starting (not this far ahead, like in the week before you start) and then Revenue will issue them with your tax credit certificate.

Advertisement