Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia PME interview

Options
  • 29-05-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I had my interview for the pme in Hibernia college on Friday. The english part went fine but I found the irish section much harder than I was expecting. I'm a long time out of school but I spent 6 months brushing up on my irish, listening to RnaG every day, doing duolingo constantly, brushing up on my grammar, talking in irish as much as I could, I really felt I had done as much as I could. I was really surprised at how fluent the interviwer expected me to be, he was firing questions at me, constantly interrupting me when I was answering and asking another question! He was friendly but I felt under real pressure. So it went ok, I got through it, but I'm gutted I didn't do as well as I had hoped. There was a couple of words I didn't understand but I answered all his questions. Questions he asked that I hadn't prepared were a bit stilted because I got so nervous, so I'm sure my grammar was a bit crap at times! I'm just wondering how fluent are students expected to be going into this course? I know I have to continue improving my irish, but am surprised at the fluency expected at the interview. I am just crossing my fingers I get offered a place now 😣

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Well done. I had mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad it went well for you.

Don't worry about the Irish being the end all and be all of it. I recommend joining a ciorcal comhr? if you can, it helped me a lot. They didn't want rehearsed answers so it sounds like he was trying to catch you off guard. You answered all his questions so it shows you understood him :) Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stolensheep18

Hi, I have my interview for the spring intake next week. Just wondering has anyone any pointers for the interview? Any replies would be much appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Skittlezox92

Hi Stolensheep18,

Have you had your interview yet?

Advertisement