Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Management at UCD or DCU?

Options
  • 29-05-2017 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everybody!

I am planning on going to Dublin to study MSc in Management I was accepted at both UCD Smurfit Business School and DCU. I was wondering if you guys can help me listing the pros and cons of each university. I have to consider the following options:

·       Timetables: If I move to Ireland, I will have to find a part-time job or internship to cover my living expenses. Random timetables would make it difficult. It’s better if I have lectures only in the morning or only in the afternoon.
    ·       Workload and time commitment: I know that a full-time master's programme will require a lot of study time, but again, I would have to work 20h a week to pay my bills.
    ·       Level of difficulty: I'm not a Business graduate. I'm actually a Linguist. I’m very afraid I won’t be able to manage all the projects and exams. Which university do you think is more challenging? I have always been a very responsible student, but I don't have previous knowledge nor experience in the area.
    ·       Reputation: I know both universities are very well known, but I have to think about employability. I believe it’s going to be hard for me to find a job in Dublin, since I’m not European. So, with this in mind, which university do you think would look better on my CV?

I’m really sorry for the long post, guys!
    I have to make a decision know and these doubts are killing me. Hope some of you can help!

Kind regards!

Advertisement