Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West-Link Car Toll Token - Brass 25mm diameter

Options
  • 28-05-2017 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I found a brass token with ''West Link'' inscribed on one side and ''car toll token'' inscribed on the other side.

I found a photo of it on this thread on a different site

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31534.0

Is it worth anything ?

Can I use it as payment for any of the toll roads ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This should answer your question: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WEST-LINK-CAR-TOLL-NTR-TOKEN-COIN-/161912290434

Keep it for your great great grandchildren and even then it will be probably more valuable its metal content than as a collectors item.

As for using it...good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

ah so its worthless. I thought so . However , does any west link toll company still exist which might be forced (or persuaded) to honor it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ah so its worthless. I thought so . However , does any west link toll company still exist which might be forced (or persuaded) to honor it ?

You used to be able to buy a bag of tokens and then use them in the unmanned (chuck the coins into a basket) lanes to speed your progress through the toll booths instead of fumbling for coins. The tokens were phased out I think when they introduced the windscreen tags.

That would make the holder of any of those tokens a creditor of the toll company i.e. they owe you the value of the token in cash or services. Definitely a case for m'learned friends, I'd engage a Senior Counsel straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

NTR plc

You will spend more asking them for the value than its value - last sold at about £1.50 I believe.

Advertisement