Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind River

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just discovered Taylor Sheridan was Deputy Hale in Sons of Anarchy :eek::o and now Oscar nominated writer for Hell or High Water

Wind River seems to have gone down well at Sundance and Cannes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer feels more tense. R rating at the end :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Good show ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 60,316 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed this and the stand off scene and aftermath was one of the best tension filled few minutes of film I've seen on screen in a while.

Really enjoying Taylor Sheridan stories and he did a great job directing this one himself.

Olsen is turning into a fine actress and Renner is as watchable as ever.

A really strong supporting cast with the always great Graham Greene standing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Really enjoyed this and the stand off scene and aftermath was one of the best tension filled few minutes of film I've seen on screen in a while.

Really enjoying Taylor Sheridan stories and he did a great job directing this one himself.

Olsen is turning into a fine actress and Renner is as watchable as ever.

A really strong supporting cast with the always great Graham Greene standing out.

Pretty much everything I was going to say .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Great film. As good as sicario. Soundtrack ass great also

• Registered Users Posts: 60,316 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheridan's next screenplay being brought to screen is a sequel to Sicario called Soldado with del Toro & Brolin reprising their roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Seen this tonight, very enjoyable stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wind River was good, although the
    hospital scene was a bit sickly sweet.
    mikekerry wrote: »
    As good as sicario.
    Do you mean as good as the first half of Sicario?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I saw this last night. Very enjoyable. Gotta agree, the hospital scene kind of went a bit too soppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

GBX wrote: »
    I saw this last night. Very enjoyable. Gotta agree, the hospital scene kind of went a bit too soppy.

They could of at the very least cut out the bit where he picked up the magazine and jokes about the "how to know a guy is into you*" bit.

*or whatever it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Not in the same ballpark as Sicario or especially Hell or High Water (my film of 2016), but Taylor Sheridan does deliver another fantastic script and does a good solid job at directing. Another stark but more uplifting then the other pervious efforts, Jeremy Renner is excellent and by far the stand out of this film, the last 20 minutes is fantastic from him. You can feel the cold just watching this film, and the scene when they break into the drug den and Elizabeth Olsen (her best performance in a long time) eyes are mased is pretty damn gripping.

Also loved the scenes with Renner and Gil Birmingham's (Jeff Bridges partner in Hell or High Water) grieving father, probably the stand out moments. I loved the last act
    Yeah you could question about the Security guys wanting to knock off a FBI agent and the local Cops, but I couldn't imagine many doing to much snooping around in those conditions trying to find out what happened

Definitely could see this in my top 3 come the end of the year. Can't wait for that Prequel to Sicario. 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Seen it. It was excellent. Taylor Sheridan displaying a real consistency in delivering top film writing.

Solid performances from all the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Way too slow for my liking.

The reveal and action at the end were not worth the hour + of slow dialogue and patchy background stories.

6/10

7.5 / 10
    Liked it better than Sicario which was a bit of a mess overall imo.
    Wind River is a decent thriller.
    Good performances by the 2 leads.
    Some complaining about it being slow but the panoramic landscape filled in that section for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Brilliant movie.i loved it.it wasn't very slow it moved along nicely.jeremy rennner was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Damn loved this movie it’s one of those films that I was still thinking about two days later. I thought the trailer shower scene was really well done. I loved Renner’s speech about not being able to “take your eye of your kids for a minute” . I had watched Hell or high water the night before seeing this and I enjoyed it but rate this higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Best flick I've seen in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭MfMan

A little bit slow, and perhaps slightly too much philosophizing about place, but gripping and always watchable. Best actor nom. for Renner? Really liked Gil Birmingham's character, Martin, too, especially the touching closing scene. With minimal expression, he captured the emptiness and hopelessness of his lot in life very well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I enjoyed the sense of cruelty linked to the landscape and circumstances. Not as good as Sicario, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Never post in here, but watched this last night. Found it very good, tension was spot on, some heartfelt moments (that ending). Really like Renner as an actor.

It's available on Netflix

Advertisement