Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombardier CS300 @ Dublin

Options
  • 25-05-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Bombardier's C-Series 300 (CS300) arrived late last night from Montreal.

It departed for home early this afternoon - a smart looking jet.

34499946880_66950bf803.jpg
    C-FFDO Bombardier C-Series 300
    by EI-GJB, on Flickr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Did any big wigs from any lease companies or airlines check it out while it visited or do they expect to be taken on a junket before casting their eyes over any winged wares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Surprised it didn't make an appearance in Belfast all things considered. Anyone know whether it can get in/out of City?

737max wrote: »
    Did any big wigs from any lease companies or airlines check it out while it visited or do they expect to be taken on a junket before casting their eyes over any winged wares?

No part of a flight test program

BeardySi wrote: »
    Surprised it didn't make an appearance in Belfast all things considered. Anyone know whether it can get in/out of City?

Which city ? Belfast or London. CS100 can do London city I imagine the 300 will be testing in there shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Which city ? Belfast or London. CS100 can do London city I imagine the 300 will be testing in there shortly.

I'm assuming Belfast city due to Bombardier been based there and right across from the airport.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming Belfast city due to Bombardier been based there and right across from the airport.

They can get 320's and 737's in there so the CS would have no issues.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

The airplane that nearly bankrupted bombardier! although new planes never manage to meet come anywhere near their budget / launch date.

See Boeing are not happy with Bombardier under selling the CS300 to Delta and have put in complaints with US depts and have accused the Canadian govt of subsidizing Bombardier.

The Canadians are looking at the deal that they have with Boeing defense worth billions and canceling it depending on the outcome with the Bombardier deal.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bombardier-and-boeing-clash-in-trade-hearing-over-c-series-jet/article35043702/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,198 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Like Boeing never sold planes below cost. The 787 will likely never cover deferred costs and hence all sold are price dumped

Something popped up on my news feed today about the US putting more pressure on the Iranian govt along with sanctions that could mean the deal done with Boeing and an Iranian airline not going ahead.
    They also mentioned that the US issues export licenses for both Boeing & Airbus, I thought that was maybe a typo I understand the license for US manufactured goods but European goods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Something popped up on my news feed today about the US putting more pressure on the Iranian govt along with sanctions that could mean the deal done with Boeing and an Iranian airline not going ahead.
    They also mentioned that the US issues export licenses for both Boeing & Airbus, I thought that was maybe a typo I understand the license for US manufactured goods but European goods?

Kind of. Given the global nature of the aviation industry, and the complexity of modern supply chains many key parts, and in particular electronics, would be sourced from the US. These would require a US export license and that is where it can get complex/interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Kind of. Given the global nature of the aviation industry, and the complexity of modern supply chains many key parts, and in particular electronics, would be sourced from the US. These would require a US export license and that is where it can get complex/interesting.

That said, Airbus have already delivered an aircraft so would make no difference now

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

That said, Airbus have already delivered an aircraft so would make no difference now

Only to aircraft delivered. Any future aircraft may not be.

Ah I know all about the SCM when it comes to aircraft parts the amount of them the company I worked for shipped around the world, But I still find it odd that the US govt can tell the likes of Airbus who they can and cannot sell aircraft to.
    Based on the aircraft having US manufactured parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

US govt can tell the likes of Airbus who they can and cannot sell aircraft to.
    They cant tell Airbus where they can or cant sell aircraft, however, they can tell Honeywell, General Electric etc where they can sell their products.
    If Airbus can equip an aircraft with zero US made parts, then there is no problem.

smurfjed wrote: »
    They cant tell Airbus where they can or cant sell aircraft, however, they can tell Honeywell, General Electric etc where they can sell their products.
    If Airbus can equip an aircraft with zero US made parts, then there is no problem.

Just take Honeywell for example who just say sells parts to Airbus/ ATR etc and a order comes in from Iran for some airframes from the likes of Airbus/ ATR, The companies have some stock on the deck due to a canceled order so in order to sell the aircraft to Iran they must get permission from the US.
    What about buying second hand airframes or leasing is there stipulations about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What about buying second hand airframes or leasing is there stipulations about that?

I remember sometime in the 80s Aer Lingus were trying to dispose of an old Boeing (707??) and were going to sell it to Iran Air but the US prevented the sale.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I remember sometime in the 80s Aer Lingus were trying to dispose of an old Boeing (707??) and were going to sell it to Iran Air but the US prevented the sale.
    Correct, then the embargo was lifted and a US company was straight in and sold 707s to them. It was Libya not Iran IIRC.

Advertisement