Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-medical form for job, questions?

Options
  • 25-05-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I have recently received a job offer. I got the pre-medical form via email and I'm a bit scared to answer questions truthfully as I'm afraid they won't hire me.

I thought that it would be all physical questions involving the job but it includes questions like 'have you taken anti-depressants, have you had sleeping pills or problems with sleep, have you seen a psychiatrist ect.'. I have suffered with OCD since I was 14 years old and so I have done all these things. My mental illness is completely under control now and would not hinder my working ability but I'm scared that I'll be viewed as unstable or not capable.

Another part is that it asks have a ever had non-prescription drugs. This ranks under the category of Marijuana, Cocaine, Ecstasy and Heroin. I went on holidays last month to Amsterdam and smoked a good bit of weed. I do not however want to tick this box as I only did this once and have never had any other drugs. It's all grouped together.

So really I would like to know is it better to lie or be completely truthful here? I want to be honest but I'm scared of it being taken the wrong way. I don't take hard drugs and I don't suffer from mental health issues as much as I used to.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sorry but we can't offer advice on this.
    Tough situation I know but if you don't tell the truth and are found out imagine what would happen.
    Thread has to be closed.
    Rob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement