Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment complex dog problem

Options
  • 25-05-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello.

<snip>, is a ten year old apartment complex beside <snip> It has a specific ban on the keeping of pets, yet it is overrun with dogs, to the extent that there are probably more dogs than children here. The grounds are very polluted by now. Neither the owners or the management of the complex seem concerned by this situation.

My question is this: Is this a problem in other apartment complexes in and around the city? If so, what has been done about it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: Moved from Dublin County North, I think it's much better suited to Accommodation & Property.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It would first be up to the management company to enforce the rule (clause in Lease contract), but with the dog dirt, you should call the council dog warden and ask them to visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

Please don't identify specific developments. The question can be answered in general without having knock on effects for property owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 azylonk

1. The owners and management company, plus the housing association responsible for the social housing component, are all well aware of the situation, but have obviously decided to ignore it. I see no reason therefore to consider the interests of any of these bodies: they are indifferent to those of the residents.

2. I suspect that the only way to resolve the problem is by calling in the public health authorities, as suggested above. All the dogs are "exercised" within the complex grounds. I have never heard of the council dog warden. Does DCC have one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

azylonk wrote: »
    I have never heard of the council dog warden. Does DCC have one?

http://www.dublincity.ie/dogcontrol

• Advertisement

Not really relevant. This will be more a matter of public health. Over 100 dogs soiling on a daily basis an area that would accommodate no more than eight or ten semidetached houses in the suburbs. Pretty polluted land by now, yes?

But thanks for your offering.

But my initial question remained unanswered: Is this a problem in other apartment complexes? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

azylonk wrote: »
    Hello.

<snip>, is a ten year old apartment complex beside <snip> It has a specific ban on the keeping of pets, yet it is overrun with dogs, to the extent that there are probably more dogs than children here. The grounds are very polluted by now. Neither the owners or the management of the complex seem concerned by this situation.

My question is this: Is this a problem in other apartment complexes in and around the city? If so, what has been done about it?

Are you an owner? If so get on the board and campaign for it to be sorted. If you are a tenant complain to your LL.

I assume LL = landlord. Let me repeat: both the owners of the apartment complex and the managing agents are well aware of the problem - and have chosen to ignore it.

I would like to know the extent of this kind of problem in the Dublin area and any actions taken to remedy it, especially successful ones.

Advertisement