Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV audio recordings

Options
  • 25-05-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We got new CCTV system recently and out boss told us that it records video and audio as well.
    We were told to be careful with what we are talking about in the shop because everything is being recorded and can be used against us (?!?)

We don't mind CCTV, of course, it is for our own protection, but audio recordings? Is that legal?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What is the written policy for its application?
    Much of what you have penned in the second paragraph reads like scare mongering​ hearsay.

This is quite a common practice now with multi national work forces where there is a single operations language, and the employment terms require operatives to only converse in the operations language when carrying out their job.
    It avoids the need for IKEA type regulations in 37 languages.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 here I am

Staff are all Irish, except me :D
    All conversation is in English, of course

CCTV Policy (we all signed that) states that there will be video and audio monitoring on our workplace
    We are just wondering is audio monitoring of staff members legal

Advertisement